Quick and Easy- Honey and Oats Face Mask
A homemade face mask is a perfect way to get your skin back in tiptop shape. Whether or not your skin is giving you woe, a mask is a great way to pamper yourself, bond with a roommate or have fun with old friends. The honey oatmeal facemask recipe below is gentle and perfect for all skin types. The honey, which has natural anitbacterial properties, is healing, while the oatmeal is anti-inflamitory. The coconut oil adds the perfect touch of moisture. This trio of ingredients will leave your skin hydrated and glowing, plus help reduce breakouts and other skin irritations.
Honey Oatmeal Mask
(makes enough for up to four uses):
- 2 tbsp. raw rolled oats, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 tsp. virgin coconut oil
- Using your fingers, crush the oatmeal into a coarse flour. Don’t worry about uniformity; it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the honey and coconut oil, then add the oatmeal. Mix until combined.
- Apply to clean face, spreading evenly, leaving it on anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour.
- Wash off and gently pat face dry with a towel.
- None of the measurements have to be exact, do what works best for you.
- You can have fun and add other good for your skin ingredients such as cinnamon or a few drops of tea tree oil.
- For those with oilier complexions, you might want to exclude the coconut oil and if you have dryer skin feel free to add more.
- Try going organic. The skin on your face is sensitive and staying away from pesticide infused ingredients is important.
- This face mask is safe to do anywhere from once a day to once a week or month. You choose!
Sourced from Her Campus